I've tested positive before my trip
If you need to cancel a trip due to either yourself, a family member or travelling companion testing positive then please use the online claims portal to register your claim by clicking HERE.
Whilst we are unable to confirm if your claim is covered providing us with as much information up front will help our team make a quick decision.
The insurer is entitled to request reasonable evidence in support of a claim. You should test and report test results in line with official guidance to reflect your country and territory of residence.
We will accept a medical practitioner’s report confirming unfit to travel as like any other illness. We also will now accept a positive self-administered lateral/antigen test if the insured member has photographic evidence of the positive test result.
In addition to the above, you will also need to provide:
- Original booking invoice: from your travel agent which was issued when the trip was initially booked. Please note that we do require a full breakdown of the trip costs including any taxes, fees, and charges as some of these may not be subject to cover under the terms of the insurance. If you booked your trip independently then the original booking invoices for your travel and/or accommodation are required. If this information was sent to you via email, a copy of the email and any attachments will suffice. and/or
- Original cancellation invoice(s) or no-show letter from your travel provider detailing the cancellation charges levied against the booking. This will show the date of cancellation, cancellation charge, and any refunds that are due to you. If you have booked your trip independently, (i.e., Travel and accommodation separately) then we will require the cancellation invoices for each element of your trip.
- Confirmation of all cancellation(s) including any refunds already given
- Medical reports / medical certificate
- Trip Booking terms and conditions
- We will accept a medical practitioner’s report confirming unfit to travel as like any other illness. We also will now accept a positive self-administered lateral/antigen test if the insured member has photographic evidence of the positive test result.
If you are looking for information about your policy coverage, please refer to your Insurance Policy Document. If you have any questions please contact us by clicking HERE.
Many Airlines and Tour Operators offer extended flexible booking conditions, so please ensure that you have spoken to them for a refund, or to rebook prior to submitting your claim.